Friday, April 4, 2008

Scare me half to death

For most of the day my boys are loud. Really loud. There is only one time when they aren't. That would be late at night or the early morning, however you look at it. Sometimes, usually when I'm pregnant, I find myself getting out of bed for something. Potty break, glass of water, pain reliever for a headache that just won't go away. So I crawl out of bed, make my way to the bathroom or kitchen, turn back around and "what is that!?" In the dark stands a small person. My first thought is always, "who is that little person in my house and what is he going to do to me?" Then every horror scene from every horror movie I have ever seen runs through my brain. Now wide awake, I finally realize it is my son. One time Rion got up and sat down in the middle of the living room. I didn't see him until I was right next to him. Talk about scared out of my mind. This doesn't happen often, but it's often enough that I think by now I would be used to it. But I'm not. I have a near heart attack every time. Someday they would make great Navy Seals.

No comments: