Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful

Tonight our neighbor stopped by. He gave me a card and we chatted a little. He didn't say much about the card, only "you'll know how we feel when you read it." Then he said Merry Christmas and Happy Thanksgiving and he left. For a moment I thought maybe we did something to tick the neighbors off and they wrote us a note about it. I was shocked when I opened the card. Our next door neighbors, along with another neighbor and some family members decided to help someone out this Christmas and that someone was us. They wanted to help us with expenses from Cordelia's surgery. Inside the card was some money. I would have went right over to their house upon reading this, but I was close to tears. We had to use money that we had set aside for Christmas while we were in Minneapolis so I have been really worried about the holidays. This will help so much. I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and my neighbors are one of them.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That is so nice! It's good to know people like that are still around :)

Kelly said...

Oh WOW! There are people who are so thoughtful still out there. That's so wonderful! That just brings a tear to my eye hearing about it. What sweet people you have around you.