Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A birthday redo

While Fred's mom was here we decided to have a redo birthday party for Cordelia. Grandma Norma had come up for Cordelia's first birthday last October, but only got to see her very shortly as we passed through Fargo on our way to Minneapolis for Cordelia's surgery. I guess I hadn't thought about it until just before Grandma Norma arrived, but I realized that both grandmas would be here and it would be the perfect opportunity to get birthday pictures with the grandmas. Both boys have pictures with their grandmas on their first birthdays so I wanted Cordelia to have some too.I did not want to be in the picture. I just wanted the grandmas to be in the picture with Cordelia. But that's the difference between a 12 month old and a 19 month old. The only way I could get Cordelia to be half way decent is if I was in the picture too. And I had to be the one holding her.

A very nice family picture. I should have taken some pictures of the cake too. Cordelia got her fingers in there a few times so there were finger marks. After everyone had a piece of cake we let her dig around in it. She did get a cake to herself on her actual birthday to dig into so I didn't make an extra cake this time around. GG, Auntie Vicki, Nathan and AJ also came for the redo party and we all had a good time. Torii kept us entertained. He had a fairy wand and was putting spells on everyone, but of course the spells did not work on him.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Great family picture!