Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Camping"

I feel like I'm still trying to recover from the past weekend. I started going at 8am on Saturday and didn't quit until late Sunday. But it sure was a fun weekend. On Saturday morning I got out by myself and participated in a Photowalk. We met up at Seratoma Park and had two hours to take pictures of whatever we liked. I got some great shots, but I wish I had a better camera for somethings. After the photowalk, I ran some errands, came home to put together some food and then packed entirely way too much stuff for one overnight camping stay. Camping is too much work for me.
We "camped" at my parent's house by the campfire. The kids loved sleeping in tents. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but next time I won't forget the air mattress. I didn't sleep the greatest even though it was really cozy. On Sunday I was trying to catch up on everything I didn't get done on Saturday. I also ended up doing some school shopping with Torii. We found him some new shoes for the fall. Poor Torii was so tired that he fell asleep between the mall and Wal-mart. He was surprised that we arrived at Wal-mart so quickly. Rion trying out his tent.
Our "campsite".

Ooey-gooey s'mores.
Fred made breakfast for everyone Sunday morning. It was so good.
The camping trip was fun. Rion did not want to leave the next day. We will have to try it again another weekend. The weather was perfect too. I'm not a camper, but I don't mind it when we're just down the hill from the house. I guess that doesn't really make me much of a camper.

No comments: