Friday, May 13, 2011

Don't take my Kodachrome away

I know this makes me sound old, but I really don't care for most of the crap that is called music today. I try to be a cool mom and listen to new music, but when I hear my kids singing along to the Black Eyed Peas, well, that's where I draw the line. It was time for my kids to listen to some really good music. Thankfully, after much searching, (have you tried finding specific CDs lately? Kinda hard, thanks a lot IPod), I finally found a good Paul Simon CD. Now the kids sing along to Paul Simon. Every morning on the way to school they request "Kodachrome". They always giggle when they sing "all the crap I learned in high school". On longer car rides, "Loves me like a Rock," is the second most requested song. It's funny that I hate most new songs because of their content, but some of Paul Simon's songs are questionable too. Maybe my kids shouldn't know all the words to "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" but they do. And "Late in the Evening" isn't played much because I really don't want my kids saying they "stepped outside to smoke a 'J' ". It's about time to change CDs in the car and since they are loving Paul Simon I think we should move right onto Simon and Garfunkel. Time to learn the words to "At the Zoo" and "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)."

1 comment:

Laurie said...

as long as they don't go the cyrus/beiber route ;)