Thursday, November 17, 2011

The blankie story continued

As I’ve looked back on some of the stories I posted in the very early days of the blog, I have to smile. Some of the things I wrote about I had already forgotten and I was grateful that I had a permanent record to look back on. When the boys were really small, I tried to write down things in a journal that they could one day have. Rion’s is pretty full and Torii’s consists of about 20 pages. Then my sister Laurie got me hooked on blogging and just before we welcomed Cordelia into the world, this blog was launched. It’s been great to keep family up to date about the things going on in our lives and it’s fun to look back on all those memories. I only wish I could have been blogging since I was pregnant with Rion. But once in awhile I’ll remember something about those pre-blog days, like Rion’s blankie and have to share. And not to steal Paul Harvey’s line, but here’s the rest of the story…..

I’m happy to say that my niece’s blankie was found. It seems she hid it in the file cabinet and Kelly found it while she was going to retrieve a file. One of the reason I never bothered to call Menards in search of the blankie is that I didn’t want to look for it anymore. We spent countless hours searching for that blankie because Rion always hid it. It was a good thing he had numerous shreds of it. We kept a stockpile of the shreds and whenever we couldn’t find his blankie, we would just take out a shred. Every night before bed, we would have to check all of Rion’s favorite hiding spots in search of the blankie before bedtime. If we couldn’t find it, it only meant he had found a new hiding spot. I usually found the new hiding spots while cleaning or like my sister, while looking for something else. When that happened we would just add it to the stockpile until the need for a blankie piece arose again.
In some ways I really miss those blankie days. Maybe I just miss the days when Rion was small and he still fit in my arms. On the other hand, I’m really glad I don’t have to look for that damn blankie anymore.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

ha ha! Blankie stories. Heidi is very much like Rion then. She has to take it with her wherever she goes. If I have errands to do, and I forget to bring blankie with.....I really worry how she will be in one hour. So to get things done. I have to go home and get it. I love that she loves it, but sometimes I have to say...damn blankie.