Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Did the Easter bunny come?

The day before Easter, the kids were complete animals. They were so wild. At bedtime they still wouldn't settle down. I kept telling them that the Easter Bunny wouldn't come if they didn't get to sleep. Finally they fell asleep. After hiding all the eggs, I put out their Easter baskets. Since the kids sometimes get up in the middle of the night, I put the baskets in the space between the recliner and couch. I could imagine them getting up at 2am, seeing the baskets and then running into my room so they could watch the new movies that were left in their baskets. Plus they would get into the candy and I really didn't want a kid on a sugar high at 2 in the morning. So I had the baskets kind of hidden and I was going to pull them out when I got up in the morning. Morning came. Fred came home from work and found me still in bed and Rion at the kitchen table. Rion was sitting there staring out into space. "The Easter Bunny didn't come," he said. "Are you sure," Fred asked. "Yes," Rion gloomily replied. Even though he probably didn't deserve treats from the Easter Bunny, I felt sorry for him. I wonder what he thought when he woke up and thought the Easter Bunny hadn't come at all.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wish I could have seen this!!!