Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

I just finished hiding an ice cream pail full of plastic Easter eggs. That should keep the boys busy for maybe five minutes tomorrow morning. Today we dyed our eggs so I still have to get up before the boys in the morning and hide those as well. Sometimes I wish I was still a kid. Ok, I think that a lot. Mainly when I'm at work. Or paying bills. But wouldn't it be great to wake up tomorrow morning and wholeheartedly believe the Easter Bunny was truly in my house and he hid all those eggs and left me a basket of goodies? I love the look on the boys' faces when they talk about the Easter Bunny or Santa. I wish I still could believe in something like that, but somewhere in our lives we lose the ability to believe there is any kind of magic like that in the world. I'm not looking forward to the day when they find out that there isn't a Santa or an Easter Bunny or a Tooth Fairy. There's just something special about the imagination and innocence of youth.

No comments: