Friday, April 11, 2008

Time to activate the TV's parental lock. (for the husband)

Right now Rion really likes Indiana Jones. There is already so much marketing happening for the new movie that it's kind of hard to ignore. I told him we could watch parts of Raiders, but I wouldn't let him watch the end. The other day when I came home from work Rion started talking about Raiders. "And their faces were melting," he said, "and there was blood."

"You let him watch the end of Raiders," I asked Fred.

"No," he said, "I had it on, but he wasn't watching it."

"Then why is he telling me about blood and melting faces?"

"Oh. I guess he was watching it from the computer."

Rion always watches TV from the computer desk. You don't think he's listening either and then you hear him around the corner repeat something from the TV or worse something you have said. Now maybe Fred understands why I got so mad at him for watching Entourage in the middle of the day recently. So far Rion hasn't suffered from any nightmares, but he still talks about it.

No comments: