Saturday, July 5, 2008

Explosions

I wasn't going to buy any fireworks this year, thinking the boys are still too young for that sort of thing. I don't know what I was thinking. Of course they would like fireworks. It's something you light on fire, makes a loud noise and explodes. Auntie Vicki gave the boys some money for fireworks so we picked some up yesterday. We got a variety of things. I haven't bought fireworks in so long I didn't really know what to get. I did get four boxes of snaps, which were a big hit. At first I held the snaps in my hand, but then the boys started grabbing at the snaps so fast they made me nervous. I thought they were going to explode them all in the palm of my hand. The other big hit was the parachutes. The wind was perfect. I lit them on the road and then the parachutes floated into the yard and the boys chased them until they landed. We had a few night fireworks which the boys also liked. Next year I will have to get a bunch more. They were disappointed that we didn't have any more to shoot off.

No comments: