Thursday, August 28, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

Today is the first day of college football and Fred is of course glued to the TV. I have already had enough and it's not enough halftime yet. I love football, but prefer the NFL over college. Fred, having grown up in Tennessee, believes the only real football is played in college, in the south. I have already yelled at him for having the TV too loud. Torii was two feet away from me, yet I had to yell at him so he could hear me. Fred finally turned the TV down and he heard the last ring from a phone call. Then I finally got the boys settled down and off to bed and started to get Cordelia ready for bed. She probably would have fallen asleep except for the loud "Oh!'s" after big hits. So I am annoyed and looking forward to mid-January. Florida hasn't played yet and don't get me started on that. Fred takes out all the fun of watching a football game when they play. On another note, I find it so funny that Fred's southern accent comes on strong during SEC games. I don't notice it much anymore, but I think he has lost some of it since living up here for awhile now. But when he is talking to friends down home or watching SEC games, the accent returns.

No comments: