Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shopping until I drop

Today was suppose to be a simple day. Usually on Sunday I get my grocery list together for the week and hit Wal-Mart. I usually don't take the kids so I can get done fast. And strangely enough, when they are with I get so distracted that I forget an item or two on my list. Today I brought Cordelia with because she needed new shoes and I hate buying shoes if the kids aren't with to try them on. They grow so fast I'm never sure what size they have jumped to next. My list wasn't as long as normal so I thought this was going to be a great shopping day. I must have jinxed myself. Wal-Mart was so picked over on little kids shoes. They had lots of her current size and that was about it. After we got home and unloaded the groceries we went out again and checked Target. Target had exactly what I was looking for, really cute girls tennis shoes that weren't really girly. Expect in Cordelia's size. Cordelia wasn't happy either. She really wanted the shoes I was looking at and was mad when I put them back on the shelf. She loves shoes already, I can't believe it. Then we ran over to Payless. They had one pair in her size. They are white with laces, not my first choice, but since I didn't want to run all over town for shoes I got them. Who knows when I'll get to shoe shop next with her and her toes were really cramped in the old pair so we really needed something today. I also checked at Penney's since they have good sales from time to time, but didn't find anything. By then Cordelia was shopped out so we stuck with the pair we bought. After one more stop at Cashwise to get one grocery item that Wal-Mart didn't have we finally made it home. What a day. There must be a lot of little girls out there with size 4 feet. I can't believe we had to spend that much time shopping for shoes.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Get use to it Stacy! Girls love shoes and can spend a lot of time looking for them and clothes too!