Friday, October 23, 2009

Veggie lovers

My boys have always liked vegetables. Once at a neighborhood potluck they asked if they could have some broccoli. Of all the good food on the table that is what they wanted. One of the neighbors heard them and was shocked. I was so proud. Rion doesn't like salads, but Torii loves them. He always has one with his supper. On my last shopping trip I stocked up on some sickness fighting food like Vitamin C packed orange juice. And this time instead of getting plain old iceberg lettuce I got some spinach. I really like spinach, but the last time I bought it Torii wasn't too sure about it. This time I told him it was just like lettuce and now he can't get enough of it. I never liked many vegetables as a kid so it still surprises me that the kids like them. But Fred said he has always liked vegetables so I guess they take after him. I just think it's so cool that my five year old eats spinach.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Maybe Torii should be Popeye for Halloween :)