Saturday, July 3, 2010

Chef Rion

I don't think Rion played the computer at all today. No video games either. Instead he was Chef Rion. I'm not sure why, but this morning he put on his chef's jacket that he's had forever, but never really played with, and pretended to be a chef. He was a chef that worked in a hotel restaurant. He pretended to be a chef all day. He has such a great imagination, but he doesn't use it as much as I wish he did. He spends too much time with the computer and video games. And he was so good today. I didn't have any bad moments with him today, which was nice for a change. He was also pretty good with Torii and Cordelia. Anyway, hoping to take advantage of Rion's pretending, I asked him if he wanted to cook something for real. He hesitated because he said he didn't know how to cook, but I told him I would help. First we did a simple strawberry smoothie. He read the recipe and I helped him measure things out. Actually, I told him how to measure it and then he did it. I taught him about fractions while measuring and my math wiz loved it. He had fun making the smoothies, which were very good by the way, so we made another recipe. I wanted to make some ham and cheese breakfast muffins for tomorrow so he helped with that. Tomorrow he wants to make something else that goes in the oven. Rion liked measuring the flour. While the muffins cooked he was practicing at measuring.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

That's awesome! Great pictures :)

Heidi's Corner said...

he looks like he's having so much fun! Where did he get the adorable chef jacket? He looks like a pro.

Stacy said...

I think you got him the chef jacket. At a Hershey's store. It was you or Laurie.

Heidi's Corner said...

oh wow! Now it feels like it was forever when we went to the Hershey store in chicago. Now I remember. Awesome! I completly forgot. He may be mommy's helper in the kitchen?