Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pretty soon I can have a beer!

I've had enough of nursing and am trying to wean Cordelia. My goal was to go a year. By the time I've gotten her completely weaned we should be close. She is doing a lot better than I expected. I didn't think she would take a bottle from me, but she had no problem. We did have trouble at naptime today though. It was way past her naptime, but didn't fall asleep with the bottle. Later I nursed her and she fell right asleep. Naptime and bedtime are going to be the two hard ones to get rid of. Really it's probably harder for me to give up nursing than it is her. I would like to say it's because of that wonderful mother/daughter bond that has been created though nursing, but that's a bunch of hooey. It's just so easy to nurse instead of preparing a bottle and I'm lazy and I'm a busy mom that needs all the time she can get. Also, it will be sad to see my breasts back to their regular smallness. I know Fred agrees.

No comments: