Thursday, January 15, 2009

Miss Cordelia

I think all the kids are going through a growth spurt, (I don't think Torii ever stopped eating today), but Cordelia seems to be growing the most. It just seems in this last month she has done so many new things and I'm getting to know her personality a lot better. Two days before the new year she started walking on her own. Which is great because now my back can have a break from helping her walk around all the time. The day she started walking I was so sick. I was laying on the floor, not wanting to move, and suddenly Cordelia got up and started walking. She walked around all day. Maybe she knew I was in no shape to hold her hands while she walked so she just gave up and took off on her own. Now she can get going pretty fast. I can't remember what Torii was doing today, but Cordelia wanted to get away fast. It's so cute to see those little legs go. I've also noticed some words or at least attempts at words. I know she is understanding a lot more that I say. Today she got the batteries out of one of our remotes and I asked her where the missing one was and she pointed right at it. As far as personality, Cordelia has a temper. I hope this is a passing phase. She mostly gets upset when I don't know what she is pointing and grunting at. She has fell on the floor and laid on her tummy and had a few minor tantrums. It is way too early for terrible twos! Cordelia also seems to be independent. She tries to put on her socks and shoes. I don't remember the boys doing that on their own until they were much older. The other day she also laid down on her own when I took a diaper out. I thought that was awesome, but it turned out to be a one time deal. Now we are back to rodeo diaper changes. There were more reasons I thought she might be an independent girl, but can't think of what those were at the moment. And she's just been funny lately. She loves to do Auntie Vicki's bumblebee game. She's usually the one that starts it. She likes to put on adult shoes. She pretends to drink from the cups of her new tea set. And her favorite thing to do is climb into Rion's big Tonka dump trunk and sit in the back. She loves it when we push her around in it too.

No comments: