Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Last week

I am finally catching up on some blogging so this may be a long post. Fred was in Tennessee for almost five days to attend his step-father's funeral. He had quite an adventure on the airplane and says he will never fly again. (That's what he thinks). We did have a good laugh about it as his plane was diverted to Knoxville. There he was, stuck at the Knoxville airport, in his Florida Gators sweatshirt. I'm not sure if he was sporting a Gators hat as well. He decided to pick up the rental car there and drive the rest of the way instead of flying back to Nashville. Of all vehicles, he got one with Florida plates. We laughed at the irony of it all and agreed that Hank, (who was a huge U of Tenn fan), was looking down having a good laugh as well. And although it was a sad reason for Fred to be in Tenn., I think he enjoyed visiting with family and friends we don't see very often.

On Saturday the kids stayed overnight at Grandpa and Grandma's house. They were planning on this before so Fred and I could go out for Valentine's Day. Fred didn't come home until Sunday so mom went to the Bob and Tom comedy show with me instead. It was a good show. I hope they come back again so Fred can go. So I was completely alone on Saturday night which was weird. I woke up confused the next morning when no kids appeared in my room to wake me up.

We all went to pick daddy up at the airport. As we were pulling into the airport Rion kept asking me if he could have some gum. I couldn't figure out why he suddenly wanted some gum and I told him I didn't have any. When we got upstairs, Rion ran over to one of those big gumball machines and asked if I had a quarter. I can't believe that's what he remembers about the airport. Since you can't get up close to the back windows and see the airplanes coming in anymore, maybe that's the most impressive thing about the airport now.

Today I watched The Great Race. Jack Lemmon is so awesome in that movie! I enjoyed it and recommend it just to watch Jack Lemmon's performance. The boys came in towards the end of the movie and got interested in it. They kept asking questions and I tried to explain what was going on. Then they got to the pie fight scene. They really liked that. After the movie they wanted to pretend we were having a pie fight. They ganged up on me and told me I was really messy. Somehow, I was never able to hit them. They kept saying I missed them. In grade school I had a friend who had a birthday party out at McDowell Dam. Her mom had a bunch of small aluminum pie plates filled with whipped cream. There was enough for each kid to have a couple of them. We had a lot of fun throwing them at each other. I think that might be a really fun thing to do this summer. I will have to remember that.

No comments: