Monday, March 30, 2009

Another snow day

Today we had another snow day. School was canceled and I stayed home from work yet again. I don't know how many days I've missed this winter. We got 16.5 inches of new snow today. We are only two inches from the all time record and at this point I'm rooting for the record. It would be an awful shame to go through this winter and spring without a record. Although I am so sick of winter and snow I was grateful for the snow day today. Yesterday I wanted to sleep in so badly and be lazy, but I drug my butt out of bed and got the kids to church school. I was really pokey and we barely made it there on time. Today when I heard school was canceled I went back to bed. Fred woke me up for breakfast. He made biscuits, bacon and eggs. The kids and I had a good day snowed in too. We played all kinds of games; Monkey in the middle, Monopoly Jr. and some video games too. And of course we got outside for a little while. We went outside about 5:00 and until then we were still in our pajamas. It was great. I also got some much needed housework done. I did a lot of cleaning today and the house looks great. Of course I'm sure it will look like a disaster by tomorrow.



Last week I was so happy that our back porch was finally getting clear of snow. I wanted to get out and grill. Guess I will have to wait a little longer.
This is Cordelia at nap time today. Sometimes she rolls around before actually falling asleep and then we find her pillow on top of her.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can't believe that you have that much snow! Our local news keeps talking about Bismarck and Fargo to keep us updated.