Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Birthdays galore

This Saturday the kids have two birthday parties to go to. I was actually going to have Rion's birthday on Saturday too, but after we got the two invites I had to postpone until next weekend. Oh well. At least I hadn't written out the invitations yet. So last weekend, Torii, Cordelia and I made a trip to Target for presents and some treats for us as well. Torii's Bakugan game for the Wii was on sale so I bought that for him and I finally bought a sewing machine for myself. Then we headed to the toy department to look for presents. Torii picked out some Barbie Cinderella dolls for his friend, Cordelia picked out some Sesame Street toys for our neighbor and they both found a present for Rion too. So with our cart full of "wants" instead of "needs" we headed to the checkout. And there in front of us was another family from church. I can't imagine what they thought of our purchases. I was wishing they were behind us so they could clearly hear me tell the cashier I needed a lot of gift receipts. Seriously I'm not spoiling my children! Most of this stuff isn't even for us! Oh well. It doesn't really matter what they think, but it is funny.

No comments: