Monday, March 1, 2010

Parent teacher conferences

Last week the boys had their conferences for school. They are both doing really well. They have mostly met all of the year end benchmarks. I worried a little about Torii since he barely made the cut off to get into kindergarten this year, but he is doing very good. He may get some help with his fine motor skills like Rion, but other than that he is doing great. Rion did go down in one area: he talks a little too much when he should be working. He has missed out on some things because he has to stay behind and complete his work first. Although he went down in this area, it's also a good thing. Rion takes after me a little too much and he was really quiet at the beginning of the year. He's come out of his shell a little so that's a good thing. Torii's teacher didn't have much to say since Torii is doing so well. She complimented me on our very well behaved boys. I just wish she could see them at home! Completely the opposite. I'm glad they behave at school. I guess we must be doing something right after all. The kids were with during conferences since Fred was at home not feeling good at all. Cordelia loved being in the classrooms. In the kindergarten class the boys showed her the reading corner and the puppets. I thought she was happily playing when I heard "ahhhhhhh". It was the kind of ahhhh you hear on pop commercials. Sure enough, there was Cordelia at the teacher's desk with the teacher's pop in her hands. At least the teacher thought it was funny.

No comments: