Monday, March 29, 2010

Must haves

On Sunday Cordelia and I went to Walmart to do some shopping. Torii usually goes with, but he didn't want to for once. Which was great, because then I could pick up all the Easter basket stuff. This might be the last holiday I'll get to do that with Cordelia in tow because she's getting a little too old to fool. I even picked up her little gift for her basket which she carried all around the store, but has since forgotten about. She also found another toy she really wanted in the Easter candy aisle. Someone had ditched a big plush rabbit right at two-year-old shelf level. She put her head on the rabbit and would not move. No amount of bribing was going to get her away from the rabbit. The other people in the aisle that it was adorable and joked I should just get it for her. Finally, I let her pick it up and take it with, but I had no intention of bringing it home with us. And she did carry it around for a couple of aisles worth of shopping. Then she sat in the cart with it and put her head down on it. Then she got back out of the cart and became more interested in the strawberries and insisted on carrying those around the store. So when the bunny once again got ditched in the candy aisle, an oblivious Cordelia said nothing and never questioned where her once "have to have it bunny" went. The kids do not need any more stuffed animals in this house and if I had to leave the bunny at the checkout despite a tantrum throwing Cordelia, I was prepared to do it. Although I was a little nervous that it might come down to that. One of the ladies we saw in the candy aisle saw us later with the rabbit in the cart and said, "well, it looks like she won." "Oh no," I said, "this bunny is not coming home with us." I only half believed myself, but hooray! I won in the end. It was a small victory, but I'll take it.

No comments: