Thursday, March 20, 2008

New favorite quotes

I've started reading a Erma Bombeck book on the recommendation of my parents. She is incredibily funny. While she is dealing with college age and older children in the book I am reading I still find myself laughing. It will be awhile until I have to deal with children that age, but it wasn't that long ago that I was the child she is writing about. I find myself relating to some of the stories, but I never had the parent's view until now. Then I think, "Great. Look what I have to look forward to." I thought I would share some of her wisdom today. The first quote I found while reading today and the rest I found online.

"If I had known thirty years ago what I know now, maybe we would have raised tomatoes. At least you could eat them."

"All of us have moments in our lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them."

"God created man, but I could do better."

"Housework, if you do it right, will kill you."

"I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex."

"My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk until I faint."

"One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is."

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me."

No comments: