Thursday, March 20, 2008

What we have here is a failure to communicate

Last weekend I had to go to Walmart and get groceries. The boys were whining because they didn't want to go. Heck, I didn't want to go either. Rion kept asking if I had to get a lot. "Don't get a lot," he kept saying. When we got to Walmart we found an unexpected surprise. The Easter bunny was there. The boys sat with the Easter bunny and then we could pick up the picture in an hour. I thought that was great because grocery shopping with the kids took at the very least an hour. Towards the end of the shopping trip I was tired, the kids were driving me crazy and I just wanted to get home. Later, Fred said he had to go out so I asked him to pick up the picture, too. When Fred returned he showed me the picture of the boys. It was so cute. It was one of the rare times both were smiling and looking at the camera. Then he showed me the second picture. What a cute little girl, all dressed in pink. "This is our daughter isn't it," he asked. "No, it's not," I replied. I failed to mention that while the boys visited the Easter bunny, Cordelia was asleep in her car seat and never got her picture taken. Fred said he went through the stack of pictures multiple times looking for Cordelia's picture before deciding that one had to be it. To his credit the baby in the picture did look a lot like Cordelia.

No comments: