Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend review

I was not expecting to have such a busy weekend, but we had just that. At least it wasn't a busy weekend of chores and errands. We had a fun weekend.

On Saturday the kids were with Grandpa and Grandma while I helped out at a rummage sale. A bunch of moms from MOPS got together and sold our unwanted baby/kid stuff. There was good turnout and I got rid of some things which was nice. I also made a little money and that's always nice. I didn't officially have a new year's resolution, but I've really been wanting to downsize. We have way too much stuff and I'm really sick of it all. It feels good to get rid of some of it.

After the rummage sale I picked up the kids and with Grandpa and Grandma we all headed to the Ramkota for some swimming. Andy had a room there for the weekend and Auntie Vicki invited us to come swimming. The boys had so much fun. Cordelia wasn't so sure about it for quite awhile, but I think she was starting to like it towards the end. When we finally got them out of the pool we had A&B pizza delivered. We got home late and all the kids fell asleep with no problem.

On Sunday afternoon I had about three hours to get something done. I usually reserve the weekend for two big chores, laundry and grocery shopping. I did manage to get most of the laundry done, although it is all still folded in the laundry room. I never did get it put away. I did get some baking done that I needed to do. I am also trying not to be so wasteful this year so I wanted to use some extra egg substitute and buttermilk I had in the fridge before it expired. I didn't get my banana bread made, but I might have another day or so until the bananas are completely useless.

After Cordelia got up from her nap we headed back to Grandpa and Grandma's house for a big Sunday dinner. Grandma made a turkey with all the fixings. It was so good and we left stuffed. After some visiting and entertainment provided by the kids, we packed up and headed home. GG also came out for dinner so we brought her home. Then we headed to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things before finally getting home. I would have put this off, but diapers were on the list and that just couldn't wait. So I am worn out, but at least I had fun in the process. There's a few funny stories to share about the weekend, but I think I will post those later.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I freeze my bananas when I don't have time to use them up-I hate to throw food away.