Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doctor's appointment

Yesterday Cordelia had her 4 month checkup. She weighs 15 lbs, 12 ounces (90th percentile) and is 24 3/4 inches long (75th percentile). She was doing really good until the doctor came into the room. Then she started crying. I have never heard her cry like this before. She did not like him. After he checked her out he told me just to turn her so she couldn't see him. She kept moving her head and squirming trying to look back at him. She must have been thinking, "I know he's still there. You're not fooling me." After he left it still took some time to calm her back down. The only thing I could figure is that the doctor has a mustache like Grandpa and she doesn't always like Grandpa. Whatever it was she was not happy. I think she cried less when she got the shots.

Torii of course had to come with. He wanted his cookies again as soon as we got into the doctor's office. I told him he had to sit quiet and not ask for them. He asked me why and I explained to him that it wasn't nice to ask. To my surprise he sat there quietly the whole time and at the end the doctor gave him a little bag of Teddy Grahams.

It was really cold yesterday with the wind so we tried out the valet service at the clinic. It was so nice. We can never find a close parking spot so it was nice to drive up and let them park the car. It's also free so that's extra nice. When we left they were really busy and had to wait for a little bit. There were a lot of other parents doing the same thing we did. It was just way too cold to have little ones out for too long.

No comments: