Friday, August 8, 2008

Keeping Elmer's in business

Yesterday we picked up Rion's school supplies. The list was pretty normal. Crayons, markers, scissors, etc. He also needed glue. Eight sticks of glue. Oh, and a bottle of glue. Apparently they do a lot of gluing in Kindergarten. He also needs a pair of headphones which was something I never needed. Then again we didn't have classrooms full of computers. Remember Oregon Trail? That game rocked. If we were lucky the teacher would let us play it once a week. I also talked Rion into getting a cheap plain backpack. I'm going to see if iron-ons will work on it. I told him he could put anything he wanted to on it. He wants Tonka vehicles on it. The iron-ons probably won't work and I'll end up getting him another backpack. That's usually what happens. I try to save a little money, but it always ends up costing me more.

No comments: