Friday, October 3, 2008

Kind of weird

Today I stopped at a rummage sale and picked up a Monopoly Jr. game for the boys. They have recently discovered board games and Torii was so excited to see it when I brought it home. I think Laurie had it when she was younger. Everything was there, but a dice and the instructions (which was ok because Torii makes up his own rules anyway). Actually, there was extra money from some unknown game and a regular Monopoly game. I have a Monopoly game that I got years ago from a thrift store so I went downstairs to get the dice from there and also to put the new stack of extra money with that game. I had to laugh when I opened the box. Inside was a bundle of Monopoly Jr. money and chance cards. Really what are the odds of that? Now we have a bunch of money for both Monopoly games and extra chance cards for the jr version. I also found the instructions from their website and printed that. Torii really likes the game. I couldn't get him to spend any money to acquire property until I told him he would lose if he didn't buy anything. Now he wants to buy everything, even if he doesn't land on the space. And I'm happy for this new interest in board games. First, it gets the boys to sit down and away from the TV and computer. Second, I love board games and finally have someone to play with.

No comments: