Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Olympics Part 2

Yesterday Rion told me he wanted to go to the Olympics again. I told him the event at school was a one time thing, but we could have our own Olympics at home. So last night I spent some time online looking for activities and found a bunch of printables. I tried to mimic the activities that were held at the school. The first event was a reading activity. I found a ton of printables online and the boys each did an alphabet sheet for the reading activity. The second event was a computer game. They made a calendar from www.starfall.com. Third they made books by cutting out things they liked from old magazines and catalogs that were laying around. Fourth, they completed a pizza puzzle I found online and lastly, they did a counting game with pennies using some number cards Rion brought home from school. After they completed each task they got a star on one of the Olympic rings just like at school. When they got all five stars they got their gold medal. (The gold medal was the lid of a frozen juice can with a ribbon attached). Rion loves his medal and wore it all evening. I think we will be playing Olympics again.

No comments: