Friday, January 23, 2009

My expensive date

Tonight Torii and I went to Playhouse Disney Live. I've always wanted to go to one of these shows, but we have always managed to somehow miss them. I asked Rion if he wanted to go, but he said he was too old. Rion and Cordelia stayed with Grandpa and Grandma while we went to the show. Torii was a little upset he couldn't stay too, but I think he liked going alone with mommy somewhere. The show was pretty good. Really, with Disney you won't be disappointed. It reminded me a lot of a stage show you'd actually see at Disney World. There was some really cool parts that even impressed me. The kids were impressed by everything. When Mickey came on stage for the first time there was a collective "ahhhhhh" from all the kids in the audience. They did that with a lot of the characters. They were in such awe of seeing these characters in real life. We had a lot of fun, but I told Torii I can't go out with him anymore because he's an expensive date. He got a couple of souvenirs and together they nearly cost as much as our tickets. We also had some overpriced gross hot dogs before the show. I'm pretty sure these hot dogs were left over from Thursday nights BHS/CHS games. Besides cotton candy we didn't get any more food although I was hungry. Torii wanted some ice cream, but I told him we would stop at DQ instead after the show. I got a nice basket of chicken strips there and he had a blizzard. I don't know how he could stand to eat that because the sign outside said 7 degrees below zero. It seemed a lot of people stopped at DQ after the show because there was a little rush when we got there and I heard some kids talking about the show. Overall, we had a really good night. Rion and Cordelia had a good time with Grandpa and Grandma. We visited with them for a little while because Torii wanted to see them too. And even though we spent too much it was worth it. I enjoyed my date with Torii.

No comments: