Thursday, June 12, 2008

The classics

Over the weekend Rion and I caught the last hour of The Goonies on TV. I told him it was basically Indiana Jones, but with kids. In fact, Short Round from Temple of Doom is in it. He really liked it. I really need to find that movie on DVD.

I have also started building their library of my favorite books. I have a huge list of books that I want to find. I am also trying to be thrifty and environmentally conscience by buying used books. So far I have found a good stack of Beverly Cleary, including all the Mouse and the Motorcycle books, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian (which I am currently reading), all the Harry Potter books, Sideways Stories from Wayside School and a bunch more. It's fun hunting all these books down and exciting when I find one on the list or one I forget about. And now that I have my little girl, I can look for all those great Judy Blume books too. Although, I don't think I will read "Are you there God, it's me Margaret," to her. That one can be on her own.

No comments: