Saturday, June 14, 2008

Commercial break

I admit, I'm addicted to TV. I've threatened to pull the cable for the summer, but I just can't do it. New Mad Men episodes start next month! And it's just not television programs. I like commercials too. Fred's stepfather thinks it's funny. Some of the best commercials are during football games and they are some really great Peyton Manning commercials in Tenn. that don't get national airplay. When he sees a good commerical he says he thinks of me because he knows I would like it. I love football, but when it comes to the Super Bowl I would rather get up during the game instead of the commercial breaks. I mean unless the Broncos were playing of course.

On the way to work each morning I always hear a couple of McDonalds commercials. I love that the commercials say that their biscuits are "homemade tasting." It makes me smile every time. The biscuits aren't homemade, they're "homemade tasting."

Another one I heard on the radio was from Home Depot. "A sponsor of Father's Day," it said. How do you become a sponsor of Father's Day? I understand how you could be a sponsor of The Olympics, but Father's Day. It's not like they have a national headquarters where you can send your check for your sponsorship. What next? Chevrolet an offical sponsor of Thanksgiving. Or worse, Budwieser, an official sponsor of Christmas.

Here's a commercial I would like to see. Have you seen the commercial for one of the cell phone companies and everyone is talking in text abbreviations, even the grandma? I would like to see the mom come into the room and just say, "WTF".

No comments: