Wednesday, August 20, 2008

He's not easy...

Yesterday Rion and I ran some errands together. I just wanted to get his hair cut before school started and let him pick out a birthday present for Torii, but it ended up as an afternoon for just the two of us to hang out. I rarely get to do anything with just Rion and with school starting it will probably happen even less often. So I took the opportunity today to just go out with him. As I was getting him in the car I asked him what he thought Torii would like for his birthday and he said, "I don't know. He's not easy." We wandered around Target for awhile and found a few small things. Rion thought he would like the Word World play dough set, which he is probably right, but I vetoed that idea. With Cordelia exploring like she is, it is not the time for play dough. After the haircut, we wandered again around Walmart. Not only did we have to find gifts from us, but my grandma also gave me money to get him something from her. It took some time but we finally made some decisions. Maybe I should have just gotten him some gift cards and he could pick out his own gift. I did forget the one gift he said he wanted, which was the Cocoa Puffs. I mean how do you shop for a boy who wants cereal, but no toys?

No comments: