Monday, August 18, 2008

My name is..

When Rion was a baby we started calling him Fred Rion to avoid confusion with daddy Fred. And I use Rion on the blog just so I don't have to type out Fred Rion all the time. Normally I do call him Fred Rion, but sometimes I just call him Rion. So when it was time to sign him up for school I asked him what he wanted to go by. Fred Rion? Fred? Rion? He said he wanted to be called Fred. I still call him Fred Rion all the time, but Daddy Fred has been good about calling him Fred. We are trying to be consistent so he doesn't get confused at school. During his summer school program the teacher said he wasn't responding to Fred all the time. Since he wants to go by Fred I want to make sure that's what he is used to. I don't want the teachers to call him Fred Rion because I'm sure as he gets older that will embarrass him. I'm really bad about getting into new routines so I really have to work at calling him just Fred. I'm sure he would be embarrassed if his friends heard his mom call him Fred Rion too.

No comments: